Andrea Vannucchi was born in Pistoia in 1965. He studied piano, harpsichord, organ and organ composition at the Luigi Cherubini Conservatory in Florence and at the Girolamo Frescobaldi Conservatory in Ferrara. He later continued his studies with Luigi Ferdinando Tagliavini, Alfonso Fedi and Stefano Innocenti at the Academy of Italian Organ Music in Pistoia. Between 1993 and 1996 he studied at the Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck Conservatory in Amsterdam, where he was awarded the Diploma of “Concert Performer” (Uitvoerend Musicus). In 1990 he won 3rd prize in the second national organ competition “Città di Milano”, in 1994 he was awarded first prize in the Positive Organo (duo) Competition at the Ancient Music Festival in Brugge and in 2007 he won 3rd prize in the Organ Competition for the Paul-Hofhaimer-Prize of Innsbruck. He is organist at the St. Ignatius of Loyola Church in Pistoia (Willem Hermans organ, 1664) and at the St. Francis Church (William Hill & Son organ, 1896), and has performed in concerts in Italy, in various other European countries and in Japan. He teaches at the Francesco Morlacchi Conservatory in Perugia.